It has become a good tradition in the Baltic Sea Region to celebrate 22 March as the Baltic Sea Day in addition to the UN World Water Day. Traditionally, this day is celebrated on the date of signing of the Convention on the Protection of the Marine Environment of the Baltic Sea Area (Helsinki Convention) in 1974.
Since many years, the International Baltic Sea Days Environmental Forum was gathering Baltic Sea friends from all over the world in St.Petersburg. In 2018, the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment of Kaliningrad Region has supported public initiative aimed at launching a round of environmental events that will take place during 22-24 March 2018 also in Kaliningrad. These events will comprise of:
- 22 March 2018: Regional Session of the of the XIX Baltic Sea Day International Environmental Forum on “Roadmap for HELCOM Hot Spots Exclusion: Experience of the Baltic Sea Countries”
International meeting will take place in the main building of the World Ocean Museum at Peter the Great emb. 1, Kaliningrad.
The organizers would like to open for discussion of the experiences of other BSR countries on so-called ‘HELCOM Hot Spots“; to put forward a new perspective for integrated agricultural hot spots and to continue developing the concept of the Green Funding for the Baltic Sea Region.
The event expected to be attended by ca.150 people with approximately 50 foreign guests among them.
- 23 March 2018: Field trips to the Kaliningrad region environmental facilities (for the guests of the 22 March international event).
- 24 March 2018: Launch of the Environmental Initiative “Days of Action for Protection of the Baltic Sea” will be held at Witland Art Village.
The initiative is designed to attract the attention of as many people as possible to the challengers associated with the Baltic Sea protection. The Initiative has received funding from the Presidential Grant Program.
The organizers of the 22-24 March 2018 events’ programme:
- IPO “Environmental Conservation Union” (contact person: Ekaterina Vorobyeva, mobile: + 7905 222 94 37, e-mail: email@example.com),
- Ecomak LLC, practicalities and support in Kaliningrad (contact person: Kondratenko Sergey Valentinovich).
- The event on 24 March will be coordinated by Filippenko Dmitry Pavlovich – project manager, tel. +79062347167.
Participation in the events is free of charge.
Registration of participants will be open on February 9, 2018 on the website of the Ministry of Natural Resources of the Kaliningrad Region.
You are also welcome to use the direct link for registration online: https://goo.gl/forms/jufldHsGDbeq7s4z2